Wednesday 17 October 2012

Brighton Photo Fringe 2012

Photo Fringe is a lens-based festival that allows both new and established photographers a chance to display their work through out a mixture of different exhibitions from Brighton & Hove and along the coast to St Leonard’s and Hastings. The whole festival has over 100 exhibitions and is one of the most inclusive photography festivals open freely to the public. Not only are there free exhibitions but also many artist talks, workshops and screenings plus a chance to pick up lots of free stuff like artist postcards and photographic magazines. The festival runs from October 6 till November 18 2012 giving you lots of time to have chances to go back and view again.

I went to Brighton Photo Fringe, which has over 50 free exhibitions in that city alone and a large number of different photographic styles and approaches. Traveling there with my university Southampton Solent and I was surprised as to the amount I was to see in only a few hours, even though many of the exhibitions are very small, I had a great day of sightseeing and wandering along the beachfront. I plan to travel back with a few friends before the festival finishes to view the last of the artist works I missed and would advise anymore with a passion for photography or art, not to miss this chance of seeing so many artists displaying for free and all in one place.

In later posts I will be reviewing the exhibitions I saw separately and more in-depth, as well as sharing pictures taken on the day and of the galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment